Crown Hill Explorers Cooperative Preschool
Teacher Position: September 2024 – June 2025 school year
Crown Hill Explorers Cooperative Preschool is now accepting teacher applications for its multiple classes. This position could be filled by one or two individual teachers. The classes include:
- Toddler class (Otters): Wednesday, 9-11a
- Pre3s (Orcas): Tuesday & Thursday, 9-11a
- 3-5s (Eagles): Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday 11a-1:30p
- With the option of adding extra time and/or an extra day a week for a Pre-K class. This year the schedule for Pre-K has been Tuesday & Thursday 1:30-2:30p. A final decision about this would be made in a collaborative way with the board, parents and teacher.
Each month, the teacher also attends the CHP board meeting and a parent meeting for each class. These are typically held in the evenings on Zoom.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has an early childhood education background and/or experience in a preschool setting with toddlers through 5 years of age.
- Is a compassionate, community-oriented teacher who has anti-bias/culturally responsive teaching skills and experience working with a diverse group of children and parents, preferably in a cooperative classroom setting.
- Is adaptable, creative and attentive in working with children, parents and the classroom.
- Supports emergent curriculum and a robust outdoor program (Crown Hill Explorers is a Nature Explore classroom https://natureexplore.org).
- Enthusiastic parent support
- A competitive salary range and benefits including a 9-month schedule that follows the
- Seattle Public Schools schedule for breaks (including summers off) and paid sick days and holidays
- Opportunities for professional growth
- A great location in the Crown Hill neighborhood, a preschool classroom with a wonderful inventory of supplies and equipment, and a large outdoor play area
Crown Hill Explorers Cooperative Preschool is affiliated with the North Seattle College cooperative preschool system. People of all ages, races, ethnicities, national origins, religions, genders, gender identities and expressions, and sexual orientations are encouraged to apply.
For additional information or to apply, interested applicants should contact:
Application should include:
- Letter of introduction describing how your skills fit the job
- Resume, including three references
- Sample monthly lesson plan after reviewing our typical class routine at https://www.crownhillpreschool.com
Deadline for applications is January 5, 2024
Find out more about us here: https://www.crownhillpreschool.com