Preschool Teacher Opening at Broadview Co-op Preschool
Broadview Co-op Preschool seeks a nurturing, motivated, and creative teacher to join our cooperative preschool community to lead our 3 to 5 year age class.
Application deadline: May 26, 2020.
Position available to start September 2, 2020.
- The class meets Mondays and Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., and Tuesdays and Thursdays from noon to 3 p.m.
- Additional hours include setup, breakdown, monthly evening meetings
- Nine work months per year
- Follows Seattle Public School calendar for holidays.
- Prior experience teaching preschool, experience in co-op is preferred
- Degree in Early Childhood Education, Bachelor degree preferred
- Compassionate, community-oriented teacher
- Comfortable working with children and parents in a cooperative classroom setting
- Ability to build rapport with children in a positive and patient manner.
- Promotes positive social skills, emotional growth, and anti-bias curriculum strong commitment and intentions to develop and promote positive communication and relationships with families and fellow teachers.
- Has a strong commitment to promoting positive communication and relationships with families and fellow teachers
- A competitive salary that covers attendance at parent, board, and other school meetings
- A large open classroom with a wonderful inventory of supplies and equipment
- Small class ratio 1:5 (with working parents in classroom)
- Opportunities for professional development
- A great location in Seattle’s Broadview neighborhood, just off Greenwood Ave. N.
The teacher works closely with children and their parents in the classroom. The teacher provides appropriate lessons and activities in an environment for children to grow emotionally, intellectually, socially, and physically.
The teacher provides parents with direction and serves as a model for working with young children. Broadview Co-op Preschool is affiliated with North Seattle College (NSC). NSC provides a Parent Education Instructor for the class and parenting information to co-op parents.
- Plan and implement a developmentally-appropriate curriculum that includes a variety of first-hand experiences to enhance and encourage child development, all in a predictable but flexible schedule that allows for a balance of active and quiet play.
- Share and communicate curriculum with parents on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis via email, in person, and in newsletter/blog. Orient parents to the role of assistant teacher. Supervise parents in the daily operation of the classroom.
- Collaborate with other Broadview Preschool Teacher to create a curriculum that enables children to build skills and experiences from year to year as they move through Broadview’s 3- or 4-year program.
- Collaborate with the Broadview All School Board (ASB) to promote a healthy, highly functioning, thriving community and co-op that enhances the lives of all participants.
- Manage materials and resources for the children’s activities and make recommendations to the board for purchasing equipment and supplies for the school.
- Work and consult with the North Seattle College (NSC) Parent Education Instructor to operate a high-quality, child-centered program.
- Serve as a team member, along with the Instructor and child’s parent, to develop individual goals for the child.
- Lead beginning-of-year school visits to orient each child and parent.
- Attend monthly board and parent meetings (which usually occur in the evenings).
- Participate in school events (usually 4-5 each year).
- Attend to light administrative duties, including writing teacher evaluations for children applying to other schools.
- Develop a yearly professional development plan to share with the Parent Education instructor and the All School Board. Attend workshops, classes, and/or observe in other programs to increase teaching skills.
- Oversees compliance with the Health and Safety Guidelines as indicated in the Risk Management Manual.
- Submit to ADA requirements, including being able to lift and carry 35-60 lbs.
- CPR & First Aid Certified or receive NSC Certification via the college’s CPR/First Aid class.
- Pass Washington State background check.
How to apply:
To apply, please email the following to our Hiring Committee at email@example.com
- Cover letter
- The names and phone numbers of three professional references
For more information:
For more information about Broadview Co-op Preschool school, please visit us online at https://broadviewcooppreschool.com/ and at our preschool’s blog at https://www.facebook.com/broadviewcooppreschool/