University-Ravenna Cooperative Preschool Teacher Opening
University-Ravenna Cooperative Preschool is looking for a caring, creative, enthusiastic, experienced teacher who is passionate about cooperative education to lead our Pre-3s Class.
Currently accepting and reviewing applications.
Classes begin September 2020.
If you or someone you know is interested in teaching a bright group of two to three year olds, please see below for more details or visit our website for even more information: http://uravennacoop.com/teacher-opening.
- Class is composed of approximately 20 children who are 2 to 3 years old.
- Weekly commitment averages 5 hours, plus 4 to 6 additional hours per month (for school meetings and other school events).
- Class follows Seattle Public Schools calendar.
- In a typical year class meets Tuesday and Friday from 9 am – 11 am.
- For the 2020-2021 school year, class will begin with two Zoom Circle Times and one outdoor in-person opportunity per week. This schedule may change to be more or less in-person time depending on health department recommendations.
University-Ravenna Cooperative Preschool Offers:
- Early childhood education degree or equivalent experience in an early childhood setting, with co-op preschool experience and remote teaching experience preferred.
- Experience developing and implementing an age-appropriate, play-based curriculum.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with children and adults.
- Passion for working in a diverse, cooperative classroom setting and for being part of an inclusive, dynamic, community-based program.
- CPR certification or ability to get certification if hired.
The teacher’s role in our parent cooperative program requires working closely with both the parents and their children. The teacher provides an environment for children to grow emotionally, intellectually, socially, and physically through play. The preschool teacher provides the parents with direction while they assist in the classroom and serves as a model for working with young children. The teacher also collaborates with a North Seattle College parent educator, who provides instruction and guidance to the parents and works in the classroom two hours per week.
The teacher will:
- Competitive compensation
- Career growth opportunities
- A wonderful, supportive parent community within an established network of cooperative preschools
- And, in a typical year, we also offer:
- 1:2 class ratio (including parents working in the classroom one day/week)
- A large, open classroom with all learning centers in one room
- Plentiful classroom materials and indoor play equipment
- Use of Bryant Elementary playground and play field, located right next door
How to Apply:
- Plan and implement a developmentally appropriate, play-based, anti-bias curriculum. Create stimulating first-hand experiences to enhance and encourage children’s well-rounded development.
- Provide a warm, welcoming, and encouraging environment for children and parents. Spend class time engaging with and guiding children in a positive, age-appropriate manner. Participate in classroom activities and provide opportunities for children to learn through cooperative play.
- Establish a predictable but flexible classroom schedule with a balance of active and quiet play. Follow best practice guidelines including incorporation of the Washington State Early Learning and Development Guidelines.
- Involve parents in the program and help them to assume the assistant teacher role.
- Create a professional development plan to share with the parent educator and the Board and Pre-3s Class Committee.
- Consult with the parent educator in creating a high-quality children’s program. Demonstrate and give ideas for implementing curriculum activities.
- Plan and conduct a classroom orientation for parents. Supervise parents in the daily operation of the classroom. Participate in Spring Orientation and collaborate with the 3-5s Class teacher to welcome and introduce new families to the University-Ravenna site as applicable.
- Provide a monthly curriculum overview to the parents. Allow parents the freedom to try their ideas in curriculum.
- Conduct short virtual home visits for the children and parents to get to know you.
- Organize materials and resources for the children’s activities, and, in collaboration with the 3-5s Class teacher, make recommendations to the Board for purchasing equipment and supplies for the school.
- Serve as a team member, along with the parent educator and child’s parent, to develop individual goals for the child.
- Provide parents the opportunity to present a small group activity weekly, starting in January.
- Participate in monthly Board and parent meetings. Participate in or advise the Pre-3s Class Committee on a quarterly basis.
- Attend workshops, classes, and/or observe other programs to continue to grow teaching skills.
- Follow Health and Safety guidelines included in the school’s Risk Management Manual.
- Submit to ADA requirements, including being able to lift and carry 35 to 60 lbs.
Please email the following to email@example.com
- Cover letter and resume
- List of two professional references
- One-page statement of teaching philosophy
- Sample lesson plan
Sound like a perfect fit? We can’t wait to hear from you!
For more information about University Ravenna Cooperative Preschool and the North Seattle College Cooperative Preschool system, see our website at uravennacoop.com.
University-Ravenna Cooperative Preschool is an equal opportunity employer.
If you or someone you know is interested in teaching a bright group of two to three year olds, please visit our website for more information: http://uravennacoop.com/teacher-opening
Wedgwood Cooperative Preschool is looking for a Part-Time Preschool Teacher for its Toddler class for Fall 2020! Please help us spread the word!
Class times: Fridays 9-11am
Priority Deadline is March 6th, 2020.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
Interested in applying or know someone that would be a perfect fit?
Please see our full job description and job posting and for more info.
Broadview Cooperative Preschool is looking for a caring, creative and enthusiastic teacher who is passionate about cooperative education to lead our 3-5s and PreK classes!
We have indoor and outdoor classroom spaces and we also offer Toddlers and Pre3s classes that culminate in our 3-5s and PreK classes.
We believe that kids learn best during the act of playing freely; Real, unstructured, freely chosen play.
Our North Seattle location has afforded us with exceptional field trip opportunities to Carkeek park and Ida Culver Broadview (an independent and assisted living community).
We trust and empower our kids with the ability to make sense of the world, while learning about themselves, their friends, and the adults working alongside them.
As a cooperative school, our teachers’ role is dual as they provide an environment for children to grow emotionally, intellectually, socially, and physically while also providing the parents with direction and serving as a model for working with young children.
Please review our complete job description:
Broadview Co-op Teacher Job Description 2019.doc
How to apply
To apply, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org the following by December 15th to be considered.
- Cover letter
- Sample lesson plan for one week of preschool instruction for a 3 to 5 year old class
- The names and phone numbers of three professional references
Apply today! Come play with us!
Woodland Park Cooperative Preschool is looking for caring, creative and enthusiastic teachers who are passionate about cooperative education to lead our three preschool classes. We have indoor and outdoor classroom spaces, and also offer a Kindergarten program and summer camps. We believe that kids learn best during the act of playing freely; Real, unstructured, freely chosen play. We trust and empower our kids with the ability to make sense of the world, while learning about themselves, their friends, and the adults working alongside them. As a cooperative school, our teachers’ role is dual as they provide an environment for children to grow emotionally, intellectually, socially, and physically while also providing the parents with direction and serving as a model for working with young children.
2s Class: Tuesday & Friday from 9:30 am – 11:30 am, plus setup, breakdown, and planning time.
3s Class: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday from 9:30 am – 12:00 pm, plus setup, breakdown, and planning time.
4s Class: Monday – Thursday from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm, plus setup, breakdown, and planning time.
You are welcome to apply to teach a single class, or more than one.
- Teach approximately 20 students, collaborate with parent teachers to follow the children’s interests, lead age-appropriate “circle time” activities, set up stations and activities, and clean up the classroom.
- Model for parents and encourage their participation as assistant teachers.
- Attend one evening All School Board meeting, and one evening Parent Education meeting per class taught per month.
- Collaborate with other teachers to provide children with a developmentally appropriate program that follows NAEYC standards, and meets their emotional and physical demands.
- Coordinate with other Teachers to select curriculum/classroom supplies.
- Degree in Early Childhood Education, related fields or equivalent combination of education and experience teaching preschool age children.
- Experience in a co-op setting preferred.
- Ability to develop age-appropriate curriculum and activities for children through play-based learning.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with both children and adults.
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the collaborative nature of a cooperative school.
- Ability and comfort to move frequently between different physical classroom stations (kitchen, play areas, circle time, etc.) and positioning self to interact with children in these areas.
- First Aid and CPR certifications, or ability to obtain prior to start date.
- Salary based on experience; paid sick days and holidays.
- 9 work months per year; option to work during the summer months.
- Follow the Seattle Public School calendar for holidays.
- Opportunity for professional development via classes/seminars paid for by the Cooperative Preschool.
- Opportunity to work with and get support from consulting Parent Educators from North Seattle College.
- Supportive and enthusiastic All School Board.
Email the following to WoodlandParkCoopRecruiting@gmail.com:
- Cover letter. Indicate which teaching position(s) you are applying for.
- A statement of educational philosophy.
- Three professional/applicable references (name/email/phone).
Priority deadline: October 15, 2019; applications accepted until position is filled.
Woodland Park Cooperative School is affiliated with the North Seattle College cooperative preschool system and follows EOE guidelines.