Seeking Part-Time Preschool Teacher for 2023-24 School Year
Wedgwood Cooperative Preschool is now accepting teacher applications for its 3-5s class for the 2023-24 school year. From September – December, the class meets Monday from Noon – 3:00pm, Tuesday through Thursday 9:00am – Noon; then from January through June meets Monday 11am – 3pm and Tuesday through Thursday 9am – 1pm. Teacher also attends a monthly board meeting and an evening parent meeting.
- AA or higher degree in Early Childhood Education or related college degree
- Prior experience teaching preschool-age children
- Commitment to providing an anti-bias, developmentally appropriate curriculum and to the values of equity & inclusion in working with children and families
- Previous cooperative school experience preferred
- A competitive salary based on education and previous experience ($2600 to $2800 per month, for 10 months)
- Ten month schedule that follows the Seattle Public Schools schedule for breaks
- Small class ratio of 1:4 (with typically 4-5 working parents in classroom daily)
- Paid sick days and holidays
- Opportunities for professional development through classes/seminars paid for by the Cooperative
- Ample inventory of engaging supplies and equipment
- Inviting outdoor play space
How to Apply:
If interested, please send a cover letter that includes your teaching philosophy, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Priority Deadline is January 22, 2023.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
Full Job Description here.